We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take part in the development of our global messaging platform. You will be part of the Engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our core platform.
We are looking for someone who can code but also bring significant experience to the architectural decisions to ensure the development of high-performance, reliable, globally distributed and scalable services.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with hands-on working experience with a high load, scalable distributed systems in production, who can demonstrate excellent organization, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong analytic capability, and the ability to create innovative solutions.
# The day-to-day activities:
- Expand our global messaging platform by designing and developing new RESTful APIs and backend microservices with C#.
- Optimize and constantly improve the performance of the platform.
- Ensure the highest quality with unit tests. Participate in integration test design.
- Perform code reviews.
- Collaborate with the product team on requirements.
# Desired skills and experience:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Expert knowledge of .NET Core and C#.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services and microservices architecture.
- Proficiency in multi-threaded application development and async programming.
- Working knowledge of RabbitMQ, Kafka, or any other queue engine.
- Familiar with T-SQL.
- Basic knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, integration testing, CI/CD).
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
# Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm and Istio (or any other service mesh) in production.
- Exposure to the communications domain.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program .
View the Participant Poster in English | Español .
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español .
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here .