As the APAC Big Data Architect/Engineer, you will help shape the future of consumer healthcare data and manage all tech development projects across ARDx regional franchises (COVID, HIV, VBD, Hep/ANC and Respiratory). We seek an experienced, “hands-on” data architect to deliver quality data intelligence solutions to the organization, assist our analytics team with drawing insights, and lead the architecture of our data platform for vision. Candidate should be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems/products (Sympheos, AegisPOC etc.), and must possess knowledge of current state of the art data platforms and solutions. He/she will also act as the point person for all tech implementation activities and have the opportunity to lead and represent the organization in meetings with external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Establishes operational plans with a measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is on short-term operational plans (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to ensure customer loyalty.
- Play a fundamental role in understanding the priorities of the team. Gather customer’s technical needs and leverage understanding of customer’s available capabilities/constraints to develop marketable digital solutions.
- Advise on solution approaches and help develop on-site implementation plans.
- Study, evaluate and provide feedback on functional specifications and provide a detailed estimation of development timelines.
- Perform level 3 Support of applications in production - analyze and resolve issues as they arise.
- Lead the enhancement, architecture, and on-going evolution using a wide array of technologies across Google, Amazon, and Azure cloud environments.
- Participate in the data management life cycle process from requirements through production support.
- Work closely with business analysts and product owners to understand requirements.
- Stay current with industry trends and incorporate best of breed technology, patterns, and methodologies.
- Build, manage, and optimize data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Implement efficient defect management, root cause analysis, and resolution processes.
- Implement data mining and segmentation best practices and techniques.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues, rendering behavior, and web app performance optimization.
- Extensive knowledge of software development and cross platform integrations.
- Strong knowledge of user interfaces.
- Strong in understanding and drawing system diagrams and process workflow.
- Preferred experience in designing, presenting, and demonstrating technology projects to clients.
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of combined data engineering and architecture experience. 2-3 years’ experience in a regional role.
- Experience with big data platforms and exposing data as a service with RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and architectural patterns, and API design.
- Experience working on cloud-based SaaS/PaaS products. Experience with big data within at least one major Cloud (GCP, AWS, or Azure) required.
- Experience with Microservices, Event Driven Architecture or Real-Time Data is preferred.
- Experience working within the agile process.
- Ability to transition between programming languages and tool sets
- Ability to effectively communicate new ideas and design tradeoffs.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments which can potentially offer the company a competitive advantage and create value for clients.
Language Skills Required: English
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.