As an Engineer - Software Development, you will build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. To do so, you will gather user requirements, define system functionality and write code in various languages
What will you do?
- Translate processes and enhancement specifications into programs
- Develop or refine error-free code within agreed timescales using development techniques, tools, methods and languages with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Evaluate changes and perform impact analysis
- Work with functional staff to establish and clarify requirements
- Investigate reported faults in operational code to determine changes and approaches to the code for promotion and replacement, conforming to established procedures.
- Design and prepare unit testing plan strategies and write test scripts to validate all new software development and enhancements.
- Take ownership of the test and implementation phases of projects
What do you need to know?
- Experience managing servers in linux environments (Tomcat, JBoss)
- Experience in understanding functional requirements
- Experience in delivering technical documentation
- Degree in Software Engineering