The search is on for a Lead Developer to join us in leading a team to developing a new product. This is a long term project where the incumbent gets to work closely with the Business Team and lead our developers in adopting innovative technologies and engineering practice - to launch a cutting edge platform.
As part of our passionate team of developers, you will be participating in the software development life cycle which includes the maintenance of existing code base, testing and resolving any issues that surface.
As an ideal candidate, you will enjoy contributing ideas to the projects and providing end to end technical overview to problems. You should also be able to identify technical and migration risk prior to the start of the project and come up with suitable solutions for them.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation of features based on business requirements with the consideration for future enhancement.
- Maintain code integrity and ensure extensibility for features assigned to aid future enhancement.
- Lead our team of developers to come up with suitable solutions for new features.
- Provide guidance and advise to our team of developers to enhance development efficiency.
- Communicate closely with Business Teams on deliverables and negotiating timelines.
- Maintain code integrity and organisation.
- Understand the implementation of security and data protection.
- Substantial experience in test-driven development for web development frameworks.
- Understand how to use and maintain code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experienced in working together with a team of various skill sets.
- Proficient in developing in at least one of the following modern languages and framework such as:
- Golang, Typescript - NodeJS (Express), React (Redux), Webpack
- Able to use React and/or Angular for UI development.
- Working knowledge on Cloud hosting such as AWS, Docker and Micro-service architecture. Knowing Kubernetes would be a plus.
- Display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed.
- Adequate exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Substantial knowledge regarding different kind of relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.