Aesop are seeking a dynamic and driven Senior Front End Developer to join our Creative Technology team on a full time basis, based out of Singapore to support our global head office in Melbourne.
As a Senior Front End Developer, this role will help build and maintain Aesop Web Applications to the highest standards. The role will be responsible for the development of code in order to execute against the Creative Technology strategy and deliver a new version of Aesop.com.
The successful applicant will also provide project specialisation skills to the project team in order to help determine the best way for a project to be implemented.
- Ensure, through the development and use of coding standards that deployed code meets Aesop engineering practice standards for technical delivery and maintainability
- Work with the team to be assessing new and better development techniques to improve quality and speed to market
- Contribute to the performance of the front end of all applications built and managed by the Digital Team ensuring speed and reliability is consistently being improved
- Work with the Digital, Creative and Marketing teams (or other teams as needed) to help guide and develop a solution to briefs for business activities
- Implement prototypes against briefs to help shape UX / UI and implementation considerations
- Work with Aesop vendors who are providing development services to ensure consistency of approach so Aesop development team can absorb projects back into the team
- Be a subject expert on front end development, front end practices and good UX implementation practices back to the business
What We Are Looking For
- Min 5 years’ experience using Front End technologies actively (HTML, CSS, JSS)
- Ability to work with JS without a framework
- Min 3 years’ commercial experience using ReactJS and React Hooks
- Commercial experience using GraphQL and Story Book desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable understanding of React application development
- Demonstratable understanding of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Working understanding of NodeJS
- Good problem-solving capacity with an outcome focus
- Demonstrable experience of being able to estimate effort for task completion
- Consistent experience of working in a cross functional team beyond development
- Articulate, composed and excellent communication skills
At Aesop, we believe that the best people drive our business to continued success and so we take a holistic approach to employment, promoting employee wellbeing initiatives, generous complimentary product allocations and encouraging deep connections with the local community through the Aesop Foundation, volunteering, matched giving programs.
Aesop provides a supportive and stimulating working environment and a commitment to developing our employees at all levels. If you are looking for the opportunity to evolve your career to the next level with a progressive and entrepreneurial Australian business, then apply now.
Aesop is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a creative and inclusive workplace where talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting inclusion for all with the belief that diversity, inclusion and belonging plays an important role in the success of our organisation. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.