We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist who will be working in the Data Science division and core development of our AI Platform that will ideate products of the future. As a Data Scientist, you will be working hand in hand with the Head of Data Science and CTO on the toughest and most challenging problems in NLP handling multiple languages and context identification using public data that includes social media. You will get the opportunity to work on generative text algorithms and add feathers of patents and trade secrets to your cap.
You don’t want a job that just pays the bills: you want a job to get out of bed for. You take more enjoyment from solving problems than your friends think is normal. If you are looking to find your “ikigai”, then your search stops here right with us!
Duties And Responsibilities
- Understand customer and business needs, identify areas for investigation, scope and frame them as technical problems to be solved
- Define hypotheses, develop and execute necessary tests, experiments, and data analyses to prove or disprove them
- Build quick model prototypes using both proven and experimental techniques
- Design data models and complex end-to-end data processing / machine learning and deploy them in production with the DevOps team.
- Communicate with stakeholders on data science initiatives in a clear and concise manner
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Mathematics/Statistics.
- You deeply understand machine learning, deep learning, data mining, algorithmic foundations of optimization, probability and statistics.
- You are proficient in one or more of the following domains: natural language processing (NLP) and text mining, unsupervised/semi-supervised learning.
- Prior experience of 3+ years in industrial data science related to NLP- Familiarity with one or more of the open source NLP frameworks (NLTK,SpaCy, ELMo, BERT, ULMFiT, ERNIE)
- You are familiar with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- You are a self-motivated, independent learner, and are willing to share knowledge with and learn from team members
- You are a detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic working environment
- You are able to communicate well in English both verbally and in written communication, as well as convey data insights and results with effective visualisations
- Proficiency in Python programming in accordance with Software Development standards, including version control (git) and managing production codebase.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a production machine learning environment
- Experience in production software engineering (test-driven development, code versioning with Git, code reviews, CI/CD) is a big plus
- Experience in designing, deploying or maintaining end-to-end ML systems in production using Docker/Kubernetes is a big plus
- Familiarity with computer vision and/or knowledge graphs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Own what you do with access to our Employee Share Options Pool (ESOP)
- Look after yourself with health insurance including Hospital/Surgical, MajorMedical and Outpatient
- Learn new skills with sponsored training on Coursera/Udemy
- Expand your knowledge with sponsored annual library membership
- Flexible work hours: Early birds and midnight-oil-burners rejoice
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.