This role will assist in the planning, remote installation, and configuration for our new point of presence (POP) globally. The role key responsibility is to ensure the stability and integrity of network and infrastructure services operated by us.
We are open to innovative idea and suggestions to improve our day to day operations therefore this role will frequently carry out proof of concept (POC) on new cutting-edge technologies.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Interact and negotiate with vendors to secure hardware, software, and WAN circuits.
• Design, implement, and support Cisco ISR/ASR routers and Nexus 3K/9K switches and other hardware in our datacentre environment or customers’ environment
• Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs
• Setup physical servers or virtual machines according to business requirement.
• Conduct research and proof of concept on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network and system administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Response to incident tickets arises from Monitoring system or user feedback.
• Analyse and identify issues arises, and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
• Ability to communicate technical information to other technical team members but also to co-workers in other departments who may not know about technical terminology
• Bachelor’s degree in IT related field OR at least 5 years work experience.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification required, Cisco Certified Network professional (CCNP) preferred.
• VMware VCP-DV and above preferred
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven experience with LAN, WAN, and datacentre design and implementation preferred.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
• Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies.
• Experience in implementing and managing voice over IP (VoIP) systems desired.
• Experience in Storage technologies such as FC, iSCSI, RoCE is a plus
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, VXLAN, QoS.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.