This position is based in Airport IT department within Amadeus, and is one of the exciting areas of diversification and growth for Amadeus where we build a strong portfolio of Airport products targeting all the actors of airport operations – airports, airlines, and ground handling companies. The business unit is responsible in developing & maintaining Airport Management Systems (AMS) for our global customers, and we thrive to delight our customers with timely deliveries, effective production support and high quality & standards in our software products.
Primarily you will be coding in Java and in application landscape covering products such as Airport Management Systems as well as innovations to improve the passenger experience and increase airport efficiency.
Through this career, you will discover the hidden face of an airport and the exciting challenge of how to handle ground operations and resources when thousands of persons are synchronized through complex processes, the challenges for the IT and the key improvements we will design, in close partnership with our growing customer base of 100+ airports and 120+ ground handlers.
Your main responsibilities include
- To conduct requirement gathering by understanding and documenting down customer’s requirements, tasks and issues.
- Design software interfaces between third-party airport systems and Airport IT product suite (AMS) to effectively and efficiently meet client’s requirements.
- Participate in interfaces development and unit testing.
- Support QA team in timely delivery to customer.
- Ensure good software programming practices are adhered.
- Develop high quality codes that solve the requirements and meet all non-functional criteria.
- Review and improve on codes written by peers.
- Perform effective developer testing of codes.
- Follow organizational development process diligently.
- Deliver codes to QA and ensure close follow up to confirm complete resolution.
- Understand, fix and deliver any issues raised by customers.
What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Professional skill development opportunities.
- Multi-national working environment in a unique culture.
- Experience in one of the world’s top 10 IT companies.
Desired Skills and Experience
About the ideal candidate
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar discipline with at least 5 years of development experience in programming using Java.
- Familiar with data exchange protocols (e.g. RESTfull API, Active MQ, Ftp/Sftp, TCP/IP) is a plus.
- Hands on experience in Java, languages, frameworks like Spring, JEE, Application server JBoss, ESB products is desired.
- Possess the knowledge about Airport and/or Airline industry operations will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and multi-cultural environment with high initiative.
- Good team player and quick learner with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.