In our effort to support this aggressive growth around the world, we are looking for a passionate business analyst to turn data into actionable insights, and support answer strategic business questions.
In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with complex datasets and be someone who loves to turn data into insights to answer strategic business questions. You should have deep expertise in analytic view of business questions, building up & refining metrics framework to measure business operation and translating data into meaningful insights. In this role, in support of the Singapore consumer business, you will have ownership of end-to-end analytics development to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision making.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to understand business challenges & opportunities, and to drive data-driven decision into process & tool improvement together with business team. Above all, you should be passionate about how insights can be used to improve both the Customer and Seller experience of selling across borders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analytics, business analysis, marketing insight or consulting position.
- Advanced working knowledge of data retrieving and processing using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and executing presentations of technical and business level data.
- Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
- Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders.
- Master’s degree is preferred (Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience using test/control methodology, and using machine learning techniques (skilled in using one or more of SPSS/SAS/R/Python and etc.)
- Proficient with one or more major BI tools including Tableau/QlikView/OBIEE and etc.