Are you a Data Warehousing specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Analytics technologies? Come join us?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a comprehensive set of services to handle every step of the analytics process chain including data warehousing, business intelligence, batch processing, stream processing, machine learning, and data workflow orchestration. Amazon Redshift offers a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that integrates cleanly with existing business intelligence tools. Amazon QuickSight delivers fast, easy-to-use business analytics and visualization for customers looking to build new applications. In combination with other AWS services, these core DW tools allow customers to extract the maximum business value from their operational and transactional data.
We are looking for a POC Specialist Solutions Architect to be a hand’s on engineer who performs Proof of Concepts (POCs) on behalf of our customers and help them to adopt AWS services towards their successes. You will partner with other Solution Architects, Customer Account Managers, Business Development Representatives and the DW Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment. You will develop repeatable mechanisms, POC processes, white papers, blogs, reference implementations, labs, and presentations to build efficiency into the way that customers accomplish POCs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Have fun at work. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial, and willing to take on any challenge.
- Migrate customer data. You will be hand’s on with the customer’s data and will work to load that data into AWS in order to run tests. These tests will be varied in nature and will be a combination
- Performance tune. As POCs are often “speed races” you will be responsible for performance tuning the environment, including, but not limited to data distribution, sharding/partitioning, rewriting SQL, etc.
- Present results. You will be responsible for gathering the POC results and sharing these with the customers in the way that the customer wants to receive information. This can include documentation, scoring, and live presentations of results.
- Exhibit thought leadership. Obsess over simplification. You have a passion for eliminating redundancy and establishing new practices with self-service solutions to allow customers to prove the value of AWS solutions quickly. You will evangelize others and share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent. You will help develop and support the AWS internal community of Analytics technologists.
- Build great services. Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Warehouse, Data Integration and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Undergraduate degree or 6+ year’s work experience in technical role
- 3+ years of experience in MPP platforms i.e. (Redshift, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Vertica, etc.)
- 2+ years in Cloud Data Warehouse platforms (Snowflake, BigQuery,
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expert knowledge of on-premises DataWarehouse solutions.
- Experience managing customer Proof of Concepts and Pilots.
- Operational experience working with website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
- AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Experience with a programming or scripting language.
- Company- or regional-level recognition in the Database and/or Data Warehousing field (conference presentations, Meet-Ups, etc).
- Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.