We are looking for a POC Specialist Solutions Architect to be a hand’s on engineer who performs Proof of Concepts (POCs) along side with our customers and help them to adopt AWS services towards their successes. You will partner with other Solution Architects, Customer Account Managers, Business Development Representatives and the Data warehouse Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment. You will develop repeatable mechanisms, POC processes, white papers, blogs, reference implementations, labs, and presentations to build efficiency into the way that customers accomplish POCs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Have fun at work. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial, and willing to take on any challenge.
- Performance tune. As POCs are often “speed races” you will be responsible for performance tuning the environment, including, but not limited to data distribution, sharding/partitioning, rewriting SQL, etc.
- Present results. You will be responsible for gathering the POC results and sharing these with the customers in the way that the customer wants to receive information. This can include documentation, scoring, and live presentations of results.
- Exhibit thought leadership. Obsess over simplification. You have a passion for eliminating redundancy and establishing new practices with self-service solutions to allow customers to prove the value of AWS solutions quickly. You will evangelize others and share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent. You will help develop and support the AWS internal community of Analytics technologists.
- Build great services. Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Warehouse, Data Integration and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Undergraduate degree or 6+ year’s work experience in technical role
- 3+ years of experience in MPP platforms i.e. (Redshift, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Vertica, etc.)
- 2+ years in Cloud Data Warehouse platforms (Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure Synapse)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expert knowledge of on-premises DataWarehouse solutions.
- Experience managing customer Proof of Concepts and Pilots.
- Operational experience working with website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
- AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Experience with a programming or scripting language.
- Company- or regional-level recognition in the Database and/or Data Warehousing field (conference presentations, Meet-Ups, etc).
- Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Web Services Singapore
Job ID: A1522272