In this role, the Business Insights Analyst serves as the subject matter expert to fulfil data-driven decision making demands. As the successful candidate, you must be able to roll-up your sleeves and work directly with large and complex datasets. You will continuously evolve business reporting, conduct data analysis, build self-service reporting and analytical tools, and deliver business insights in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity.
You will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and possess creative problem-solving abilities. You will need to demonstrate subject matter expertise in querying and extracting large datasets and the accompanying tools and programming languages needed to work with them. You will possess good communication and project management skills, is customer obsessed and able to communicate complex business insights; both verbally and in writing; in a clear and precise manner.
- Lead the development of self-service reporting and analysis by creating and owning business reports and insight products
- Conduct data analysis to solve business problems through the use of statistical and/or machine learning models
- Continuously sharpen the skillset by learning and maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging business intelligence tools
- Collaborate with the internal and global data engineering teams on the design, development and maintenance of data infrastructure including data models
- Collaborate with the internal and worldwide data science teams on the design, development and maintenance of statistical and/or artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) models
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on statistical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in relational databases (Redshift, RDS, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) and SQL for querying and extracting data
- Proficiency in at least programming languages (Python, Java, R, etc.) for data gathering, data cleansing and statistical analysis
- Expertise in data visualisation software (QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, etc.) for effective data presentation
- Creative and analytical thinking to generate interesting approaches to answering business questions
- Strong and effective written and oral communication to clearly convey data findings
- 5+ years of work experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working in the Information Technology industry is highly beneficial
- Proficiency in different types of databases (relational vs. non-relational, etc.) and their relevant use cases
- Experience working with Cloud Computing
- Experience in deploying artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) models into production
- AWS certified (AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Data Analytics, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.