Are you an IT Architect who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a large enterprise or at a Global Financial Services company? Have you helped enterprises build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical workloads to the Cloud? Do you relish working with customers as a Solutions Architect on complex cloud architectures and then look forward to leading the implementation and delivery of those solutions on customer projects?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) with Cloud Infrastructure Architecture specialization in our Global Financial Services Professional Services group. CDAs work in both pre-sales and delivery capacities in developing solutions that make the best use of AWS Cloud services.
With a deep understanding of your customer’s business, culture, processes, and technology environment, you will guide strategic cloud transformation professional services engagements at your customers to success. Successful candidates will have business development, pre-sales, solutions architecture, and technical program management background, be detail-driven, and have experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs.
You are comfortable with whiteboarding cloud architectures in customer workshops and then rolling up your sleeves and working with implementation teams to implement developed architectures. You are a passionate leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries.
The CDA role is customer-facing, and travel to customer locations is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· In partnership with the Professional Services account manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
· Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases to transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
· Design and implement Cloud foundation architectures such as Landing Zones and DevOps pipelines for financial services customers.
· Plan and execute cloud migration programs, and lead application migration projects. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
· Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
· Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
· Technology leadership experience in the financial services industry, or customer-facing technical leadership roles servicing the financial services industry.
· 10+ years leading teams in infrastructure, system administration, networking and information security disciplines.
· 2+ years leading the implementation cloud foundations for enterprises on leading public cloud platforms.
· 2+ years leading application migration programs from on-premises to public clouds.
· Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
· Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
· Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent experience
· Practical hands-on experience architecting application migrations onto AWS, Azure or GCP.
· Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
· Knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Core Banking, Core Insurance, Front and Middle Office Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and Anti Financial Crime.
· Exposure to Financial Services Governance, Compliance, and Risk management requirements covering security and privacy.
· One or more certifications in Project Management or Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as SAFE, PRINCE2, or TOGAF.