Would you like to engage with system integration and software partners to help them leverage AWS cloud technologies? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists? Do you like helping others to solve tough technical problems? Do you have experience defining and delivering technology strategies across enterprise landscapes?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Partner Solution Architects to our APJ Public Sector team to work with our AWS Partners, helping them to accelerate our customers’ cloud migration and adoption journeys and support the development of new solutions on cloud, leveraging cloud native services and approaches.
Partner Solution Architects own the technical engagement with partners, developing deep expertise in AWS technologies as well as broad know-how of best practices when constructing applications and services using the AWS platform. Partner Solution Architects help develop the technical capabilities of partners so they can be successful in building and selling their cloud-based solutions to Public Sector customers. Working with AWS Partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders, including Partner Development Managers, Business Development, Professional Services and customer account teams to ensure joint customer and partner success.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS within a partner’s environment and drive discussions with IT leaders and senior executives. They should also have a technical background that enables them to dive deep and give guidance to developers and architects. They should be just as comfortable talking Storage and Networking with the VP of Infrastructure, continuous deployment details with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. Having a firm grasp of technical fundamentals and the ability to quickly learn complex new technologies is a key success factor, along with the ability to think strategically about business and technical challenges, best practices and trade-offs.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Working with modern large-scale business-critical IT environments and architectures
- Engaging with business and IT leaders to define and execute on cloud strategies
- Owning the technical engagement with partners both at senior and working level, helping them to ensure a timely and successful delivery of business value to customers
- Providing technical and architectural guidance with solutions and best practices that will enable partners to build and scale their business on the AWS platform
- Driving technical enablement for partners by creating whitepapers, conducting presentations, demos and hands-on technical workshops
- Assessing technical feasibility by building hands-on proof of concepts where required and by identifying dependencies, caveats and best practices
- Identifying repeatable patterns and architectures and sharing best-practice knowledge within the solution architect community
- Collaborating with business, development, infrastructure, security, operations and other teams to ensure successful outcomes and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform
- Continuously improving their technical skills and business acumen
- Understanding the AWS customers and industry verticals
This role provides a unique opportunity to drive transformational change with partners in their journey to the cloud. If you are a problem solver with a broad and deep technical-skills and have the ability to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with partners, you will enjoy this role.
· 10+ years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, systems administration, or systems architecture
· 8+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
· Customer facing and public speaking skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with programmatic process development and implementation
· Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Experience in being a "player-coach" who is hands-on but can also help train colleagues in new processes and technologies
· Broad knowledge of the cloud technology partner ecosystem and related products
· Experience writing and publishing technical documents
· Passion for a broad set of technologies related to the cloud ecosystem
· Recent experience working at or with startups
· Deep expertise in at least one of these technology areas: DevOps, serverless, software development and design, CI/CD, AI/ML, Storage, Networking or Databases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.