Are you an experienced Oracle/SQL Server Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open source Database platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Cassandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate Applications from Oracle/SQL Server databases to Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or other Open Source platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
· Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
· Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
· Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience Production DBA of Mission Critical Database.
· 6+ years of Application Development support of data management systems, tools and architectures using Oracle, along with SQL
· Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
· Server/Postgres/MySQL databases and/or other distributed computing systems
· Expertise with performance tuning high-volume OLTP and OLAP database systems.
· Expertise in Advanced Data Guard with FSFO and replication solutions.
· Expertise in backup and recovery of Database (RMAN , Cloud Environment and traditional).
· Demonstrated data modeling skills.
· Expertise in Unix, Linux, Procedural Languages like PL-SQL and programming languages such as Python.
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly.
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services, as needed
· Master’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
· Expertise in large cross platform database migration.
· Expertise in Data Migration Tools like Annuity, AWS DMS, HVR and Shareplex.
· Strong SQL Server / MySQL / Postgres or Sybase Production DBA (6 years+).
· Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses and web facing online transaction processing databases.
· Experience with multi node RAC databases and familiarity with Oracle Applications
· Experience with databases such as Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum or Vertica.
· Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop.
· Experience with Redshift, Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum and have done cross Platform DW migration.
· Familiarity with new advances in the Big Data space such as Hadoop/ EMR.
· Familiarity with new advances like NoSQL technologies like Dynamo DB.
· Familiarity with new advances in Cloud technologies like IAAS and PAAS.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation