Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical Cloud Consultants to build innovative solutions with our customers and partners to assist the telecom industry. Our consultants deliver meaningful business outcomes to customers through a combination of Cloud solution implementation and expert consultancy. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as Cloud Infrastructure, Web applications, Enterprise applications, Big Data Infrastructure, enabling Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions, and DevOps transformations.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions - Define, deliver, and provide thought leadership on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements. Lead technical discussions with customer IT stakeholders and hands on delivery teams to accelerate their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Delivery - Engagements may include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements may include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and lead discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions, presentations, and workshops with key customer stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organisations
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing seven (7) or more years of IT implementation experience
- Experience building the telecom network in the area of Core/RAN/Edge/OSS BSS for 5+ years.
- Deep hands-on experience leading the end to end architecture, design, development and deployment of software, systems, and infrastructure at scale
- Proven hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions including IP networking, routing, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs
- Good understanding of 4G, 5G network architectures.
- Knowledge of the agile approach in DevOps, related disciplines and technologies such as Infrastructure as Code
- Current hands-on code and/or script development skill
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science background preferred
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies.
- Experience with Telco IT architectures, technologies, and solutions
- Strong hands-on experience with IP networking, routing, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
- Maintains an awareness of enterprise level telecommunication technologies, solutions and industry trends.
- Prior experience in a consulting role
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Company - Amazon Web Services Singapore
Job ID: A1832325