This role is within the Enterprise Greenfield Solutions Architect team in AWS Singapore, working with Greenfield customers across various industries such as finance, manufacturing, IT Services, Healthcare etc. and as a trusted advisor, you will provide prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology to your customers. To do this you will collaborate with other teams inside AISPL such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem. You will work closely with Account Executives to focus on increasing the market penetration of AWS within Enterprise Greenfield accounts across ASEAN by showing how AWS can deliver business value through our technology capabilities.
Key job responsibilities
- As a Solutions Architect, you’ll help your customers plan their successful cloud journey. You’ll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You’ll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
- Building relationships to understand our customers and partners is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you’ll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You’ll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
- You will also shape the direction of our products and services by gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
- You’ll also act as thought leader in the wider community. This includes playing a lead role in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won’t just be part of an industry movement; you’ll be leading it.
- Want to find out what it’s like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://bit.ly/3keYcC9).
- Background in any of the following or related to: Technology Architect; Consultant; Cloud Architect; Technical Lead; Software Developer; Engineering Lead; Sales Engineer; Pre Sales Engineer or Systems Engineer, etc.
- Experience and/or specific knowledge in multiple technology domain areas (e.g., software development/architecture, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
- Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components and understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
- Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
- Able to create technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud technology
- One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Able to present to technical and business audiences (training, workshops, publications)
- 8 years’ experience as a Solution Architect or related role.
What if I’m not an expert in all qualifications? That’s okay! We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain AWS certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today. CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY At AWS, we don’t mind being called “peculiar.” We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we’re comfortable being misunderstood for long periods of time. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don’t wait, apply today!