Amazon Web Services () is looking for a senior manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Analytics Solutions Architects for our customers. If you have experience leading technical teams, and are interested in helping customers embrace technologies, come and talk to us.
Specialist Solutions Architects work with partners and customers to accelerate their transformation. They engage in a wide range of
activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting
publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between
service teams and customers.
This is an opportunity to join Amazon’s technical teams, working with our engineers on the new services that power the ecosystem, while developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. These engagements will focus on development and developer productivity best practices. This role will specifically focus on Analytics Services helping our customers and partners build innovative Solutions that focus on leveraging the value of data. As a Senior Solutions Architect (SA) Manager, you will lead a team of Solutions Architect Managers who help Solution Architects help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements. You will guide team members in their ramp-up on as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will be a practitioner as well as a manager. You will interact, communicate and partner with other departments within such as our services teams, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to senior management. Part of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs in areas such as Databases, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Security, as well as the Business Development teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of . You will interact with other SAs, providing guidance on their customer engagements by developing white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers to fully leverage the platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer. Previous experience with is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems
and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
How You’ll Grow
At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Roles and responsibilities
• Coach: hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources, ensure they have the required skills needed to perform their function, have clearly defined goals, appropriate feedback and tracking, and work with them on their career development
• Sponsor: support your team and provide them with support internally and with customers by acting as a facilitator, an executive sponsor, and an escalation point
• Customers' trusted advisor: collaborate with account, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services and solutions
• Business partner: serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the platform.
• Public engagement: provide thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the Blogs, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, or public presentations at Summits, re:Invent, User Groups or Industry events
• Community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide technical community of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and Trainers
• Service team point of : act as a conduit between the Service teams and the customers, providing detailed guidance for the broader field organization and the customers, and acting as an advocate for the customers towards the central teams
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
· 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience working with analytics technologies
· 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry
· MBA/Technical Master's Degree
· Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
· Experience leading other leaders
· Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
· Experience working with new product/service development teams
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.