Are you passionate about building applications with NoSQL databases? Do you love helping customers select and use the right data technology for their application requirements? Do you want to be part of a team who helps build the future of databases at Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced NoSQL Solutions Architect, who will be the subject matter expert for Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB Compatibility), a fast, scalable, highly available, and fully managed document database service that supports MongoDB workloads. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startups, as well as some of the largest enterprises, to help them architect scalable NoSQL solutions using DocumentDB. You will dive deep into customer challenges and work with AWS service teams to create solutions that solve customer needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Be the recognized authority for Amazon DocumentDB subject matter expertise across AWS.
· Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help customers learn about and use Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB Compatibility).
· Provide definitive guidance for customers in choosing the right database services and approaches.
· Be a trusted collaborator for the Amazon DocumentDB service team as the voice of the customer for defining and prioritizing service features.
· Lead enablement by training Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, and Technical Account Managers.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge with customers and the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
· Contribute to the AWS Database Blog, service documentation, and reference architectures.
· Present at industry events to educate customers and evangelize AWS and DocumentDB.
· Open to domestic and international travel up to 35%.
· 5+ years design and implementation experience with NoSQL technologies such as DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, including NoSQL data modeling.
· 3+ years software architecture and development experience using languages such as Java, Python, Go, and Node.js.
· A degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics or 10 years equivalent work experience.
· Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
· An understanding of cloud computing deployment models as they relate to databases and analytics.
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions.
· Deep knowledge of and experience with MongoDB.
· Professional experience influencing and building mind-share convincingly with a varied audience
· Professional experience speaking publicly to large audiences
· Hands-on experience with AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon Elasticache, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.