Are you a wizard at all things Redis, Memcached, and In-memory data at scale? Have you read our AWS ElastiCache Whitepaper, seen our AWS performance talks and think you can raise the bar? Do you have the customer-facing skills and hands-on experience to design In-Memory and NoSQL solutions that can help customers operate at the largest scale on the planet ? Come join us!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Sr. ElastiCache Solutions Architect who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing In-Memory architectures that leveraging AWS services. The Sr. ElastiCache Solutions Architect will work closely with the Database Services team, Business Development and Sales to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption and revenue of AWS. You will work with the largest companies in the world to design flexible and cost-effective cloud-based solutions. You will develop whitepapers, blogs, reference architectures, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage AWS services. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help other SA’s understand how to integrate AWS caching services into customer architectures.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant, solutions architect, NoSQL architect and/or pre-sales engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Foster technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers, to further the adoption of AWS services and technologies
· Evangelize AWS services and technologies, both at events and 1:1 meetings with key influencers
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Identifying customer requirements and providing feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
· Open to domestic travel of 25%
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with large-scale applications
· 5+ years experience with NoSQL technologies including Redis, Hazelcast, Memcached, MongoDB or others
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
· Experience with caching strategics such as cache aside, write-through caching, and lazy loading
· Ability to understand complex application data flows, and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
· Working knowledge of one or more computer languages such as Java, C++, Perl, Ruby or Python
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.