Would you like to help Retail companies develop technical strategies that provide the agility needed to continuously deliver bar raising experiences for their customers? At Amazon we work backwards form our customer’s desired outcomes, in this role you’ll be listening to, partnering with, and innovating on behalf of AWS Retail customers with the broadest and deepest set of capabilities found in the cloud.
We are seeking a technologist who has worked in the Retail industry, knows how to scale e-commerce systems, understands the complexity of legacy enterprises and can build bridges to modern cloud based architectures. You are comfortable leading engineers and architectures with hands on code, as well as guiding executives with technical strategy, vision, and roadmaps.
You have experience developing and operating in several Retail technology domains, including e-commerce websites, point of sale (POS) systems, IoT integration between physical stores and the cloud, supply chain optimization, assortment planning, merchandising, forecasting, personalization, inventory tracking, computer vision, RFID, warehouse management, order management. You can study a customer’s existing IT landscape and help them build architectural frameworks and roadmaps for moving undifferentiated work to the cloud, while also helping them innovate on parts of their business that uniquely differentiate them from others.
You’ll provide thought leadership for the Retail industry on behalf of AWS by speaking at industry conferences, authoring white papers, and building reference architectures. You’ll listen to customers, identify gaps, and guide our internal AWS service teams and our AWS Retail Partners on what we should be focusing on to deliver value to our Retail customers. You’ll take a leadership role in the development of other Retail Solution Architects by teaching them about the industry, overseeing reference architectures and solutions being developed, and capture knowledge of industry personas, objectives, and use cases.
You’ll operate as part of a global team of Retail Solution Architects that is growing, allowing you to take a leadership role within your geography. Travel is not required during the global pandemic, post-pandemic you should expect some domestic and international travel.
· BA/BS degree: computer science, mathematics, engineering, business technology.
· Enterprise customer-facing experience.
· 10+ years of technical and analytical IT experience.
· 3+ years experience in the Retail industry.
· Technical knowledge of legacy and modern application architectures and commercial software used across the Retail industry.
· Understanding of enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, software development lifecycle.
· Experience working effectively across internal organizations and with customers.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Language: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics, business technology.
· Experience with AWS services including AWS Certifications.
· International Retail industry experience and knowledge.
· Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and the application of these analytic approaches to Retail workloads.
· Enterprise solutions selling experience.
· Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.