The Analytics Engineer acts as the bridge between data engineers and data analysts. It is their job to build well tested, up to date and detailed datasets that the rest of the company can use to as materials. They are technical enough to easily be able to apply software engineering standard methodologies like version control and CI/CD but also need to communicate effectively with partners to understand the decisions to be made as input to defining the appropriate datasets. AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology!
- Build data products that enable partners to do their jobs effectively and answer their own questions.
- Analyze and organize raw data to build data systems, algorithms, prototypes and pipelines.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling to evaluate business needs and achieve objectives.
- Use tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats.
- Work with multi-functional partners to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Businesses Intelligence
- Advanced working SQL knowledge. You should possess ability to write SQL which is easy to understand, simple to solve and that is highly performant.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable adopting software engineering standard methodologies like version control and using Git and teaching others how to adopt these best practices.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, R, etc.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions, and ETL tools
- Experience with PowerBI, Azure, DevOps, dbt
- Experience with machine learning
- Knowledge of Big Data-related skills like MapReduce, etc
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 112685