The Head of Product & Technology Role
Antler is seeking a user-obsessed product and technology leader to join us to own the vision and drive the direction of our Fusion platform, to shape the vision of our technology, engineering, and data analytics teams, in ultimately building a category defining product in venture capital.
What Fusion is
Over the years to come, Antler will be working with thousands of founders and investing in hundreds of very early-stage companies every year, giving an unprecedented scale of supporting exceptional people at the very beginning of their founding journey. With such a large portfolio of founders and companies come unprecedented challenges and opportunities.
Firstly, we aim to build the world's best platform and community supporting early-stage entrepreneurs. A platform that will massively increase a founder’s chance to successfully build their business by giving an unfair advantage and bringing together a global community of hundreds of founders.
Secondly, with such a large number of founders and companies comes the unique opportunity to generate insights to structurally improve investment decisions and what support can make founders successful.
Thirdly, you will build the backbone and infrastructure that will allow Antler to function at its scale and manage a portfolio of hundreds of companies effectively.
The Head of Product and Technology will own and drive this effort. You will set the holistic vision for our product together with the management team, set the objectives and roadmap, lead the prioritization of features to be built, monitor metrics and work closely with our engineering team to build it. You will have a high degree of autonomy and large responsibility to make our product a category definer in the VC world.
- Own the product vision: work with the management team, tech team and the various domain leaders across Antler to set the vision and goals for our products.
- Lead product prioritization: develop and run the process to define, assess and prioritize features to set the product roadmap, working closely with the tech team.
- Lead technology, engineering, and data analytics: shape the vision for our technology and engineering teams to 1) build toward a robust global technology infrastructure, 2) reimagine and leverage data analytics to enhance investment decisions, and 3) enable strong alignment to product strategy and objectives
- Set objectives and track metrics for products and features: measure the engagement and success of each product and feature, and iterate continuously to reach the overall objectives.
- Communicate and engage with all relevant stakeholders: portfolio companies, people in Antler, and other users: ensure all features and products are launched and communicated in a way where all users and stakeholders are kept informed to ensure immediate uptake, usage and quick feedback.
- You have a genuine passion for entrepreneurship, a profound affinity for founders, and a belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- You may have been a founder or early employee where you built or were the main product owner and visionary in an early-stage software startup
- You have proven experience from successfully managing complicated projects, and have launched products or major features
- You have end-user obsession, you are fluent in the thinking and mindset behind B2C products, and an intuitive (ideally self-experienced) feel for what a ten-star product experience should look like for a startup founder
- Strong understanding of the technical side of building products and partner effectively with engineering teams. Ability to code a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Detail oriented with an affinity for data
- Independent, used to thinking outside the box
- Proactive with a focus on execution and results
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets
The Antler Proposition
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building and enabling hundreds of companies that will define the next wave of tech
- Be an important part of changing the lives of thousands of people about to turn into entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to build deep understanding of investments and what makes early-stage companies successful
- An opportunity to greatly impact the direction and success of Antler globally
- Competitive salary, and upside from the returns of our funds