The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- Support and maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Develop, manage and support SRE tools and applications.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement.
- Analyze logs and telemetry data by writing monitoring and automation code.
- Provide OnCall support to 1st level production support teams.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Comfortable working with large-scale server deployments.
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Extraordinary communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
-Driven approach to continually improving service levels.
-Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them.
-Proficient coding experience using Python, Java, bash or similar languages.
-Strong grasp of Linux systems, networking, and security.
-Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.