The Operations team at Apple is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for the role of the Decision Support Data Scientist. The role is an opportunity for a driven individual to utilize his or her business acumen, acquire process knowledge and apply analytical skills to deliver creative, valuable solutions to the Operations team at Apple.
- Extensive experience with Python and software engineering fundamentals
- Proven track record to apply advanced analytics techniques like data mining, predictive modelling, statistical methods, machine learning and process automation techniques
- Ability to think strategically and execute on operational strategies to make definitive and measurable improvements for the operations team
- Experience in managing complex, multi-functional projects
- Ability to communicate analytical insights to both a technical and non-technical audience and influence leadership.
- Technical Skills: SQL, Python, Java, ML Packages and Tools
You will be responsible for formulating and delivering advanced analytics solutions for the Operations team. This role will be responsible for identifying process gaps, root cause issues and recommend solutions to allow for data driven decision making. Ability to think out of the box and influence peers and management with data driven models using advanced analytics is a must have. Knowledge, expertise and hands on experience of quantitative analysis in the supply chain domain is expected.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Data Mining, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Operations Research or related field. PhD Preferred