The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The Digital Content Management (DCM) team is seeking an experienced web production developer to be part of a large, tight-knit team, ensuring high quality results while meeting ambitious deadlines. You are self-driven, deeply detail oriented, technically-minded problem solver, comfortable with change and uncertainty in a dynamic work environment.. You have ultimate respect for pixel perfect UI implementation.
- Good command of both English and Chinese Mandarin.
- Proven experience in developing front-end code for large-scale websites.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility standards and behaviors.
- Experience with versions control systems, specifically Git.
- Knowledgeable and eager to implement current web design and development trends including HTML5, CSS3.
- Must be a quick study, our team uses some proprietary technologies beyond HTML & CSS.
- Experience and proficiency working with Photoshop and Sketch.
- Exhibit a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Understanding of challenges behind localization of large-scale sites and its impact on web development.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Passion for creating a great user experience and interaction.
- Understanding of performance, web analytics, accessibility, SEO techniques.
- Travel will be required about 20% once regulation permits.
Transform Photoshop mock-ups from our Design teams into HTML layouts styled with CSS to build merchandising and product marketing pages for the Apple Online Stores.
Deliver front-end code to the publisher teams that integrates easily into the publishing environment.
Quickly and expertly address browser compatibility issues.
Work efficiently under incredibly tight timelines and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of product and services.
Work with the Engineering partners to establish and support best practices.
Adept at working with content management systems and Subversion or similar file management systems.
Identify and drive ways to improve production processes and quality of code deliveries.
Create and maintain documentation of the development processes and workflows.
Willing and able to accommodate flexible work schedules during critical business periods.
Education & Experience
B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent