Working with awesome people and awesome products not only makes your work meaningful, it drives you to make our world a better place.
At the Apple’s Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) team, we thrive to use technologies to deliver the best user experience. The IS&T Collaboration & Productivity (C&P) team supports our internal employees throughout their careers at Apple. We focus on building productivity and collaboration tools, and provide information, training, and support needed to use those tools effectively. Using data to drive end user efficiency, our eclectic team manages clients, provides internal services, creates applications, and acts as the voice of IS&T to the company. Everyone at Apple depends on our team’s communication skills, obsession over the customer experience, and attention to detail.
Apple's IS&T team is seeking a technically savvy, experienced and inspiring leader to be based in Singapore to lead the APAC Collaboration Technologies team. The role involves managing the Singapore team, driving engineering and integration projects, supporting C&P services and engaging with the leadership in APAC. The role will entail people management, project management and engineering work.
- 10+ years leadership experience in technology and engineering management
- Excellent interpersonal communications and customer-service skills
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding IT environment
- Ability to maintain composure and focus in stressful situations
- Experience in collaboration platforms and solutions
- Experience in cloud platforms, PaaS and SaaS offerings
- Knowledge of and experience in agile project management
- Outstanding time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong troubleshooting, incident and problem leadership skills
- Knowledge and skills to use and apply descriptive and inferential statistics including probability, hypothesis testing, estimation, associations, and correlation
- Analytic and business intelligence skills to identify meaningful patterns in data and then integrate and communicate them via data visualisation and reporting techniques
- Knowledge of IP networking, and basic IP network troubleshooting skills
- Strong risk management and information security knowledge, skills, and abilities
In this role, the manager will be responsible to manage the day to day operations of the team including scheduling, problem management, vendor management and also oversee the strategy and direction of all our services offerings.
As the lead for Collaboration Technologies in the region, the manager will also lead production operations and support, new deployments and handle the relationships with regional partners.
- Leadership and management of engineering, product, and technical support teams
- Major project deployments and rollouts
- Management of the entire lifecycle of services, from analysing training needs to service deployment and evaluation
- Partnership with the global C&P team, product engineering teams and vendors to develop a robust services portfolio that is optimised for all business teams
- Engineering management of technical projects to ensure they meet the requirements in both features and performance
- User documentation
- Developing and promoting a culture of customer focus, innovation and continuous improvement
- Business process management
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, communications or related field
- - Operational management and support experience
- - Knowledge and in Apple products and services
- - Strong facilitation skills
- - Experience with telephony systems
- - Experience with web-authoring tools and multimedia
- WORK HOURS
- - Variable
- - Weekend, holiday and on-call work required