Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Asia Pacific IS&T team builds systems for the most dynamic and versatile business teams at Apple. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and are constantly opening up the boundaries. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? We are hiring a Technical Product Lead.
- Deployment, management and administration of IS&T Linux systems and services housed in the APAC region.
- Evaluate business computing needs and recommend solutions based on the available Linux options, and perform budgetary preparations as necessary.
- Manage vendors for procurement of relevant products and services.
- Work closely with global and regional Linux infrastructure services teams.
- Ensure consistency to global systems, standards, policies and procedures.
- Enforce IT security on compute platforms across a variety of Linux-based Operating Systems (OEL, Redhat, CentOS).
- Ensure that all yearly maintenance requirements are fulfilled for all supported Linux systems
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) – or equivalent server/storage certification.
- Minimum of 5 years meaningful work experience in a MNC or major national company.
- Five years or greater UNIX experience supporting an enterprise environment.
- Experience in any of the virtualization solutions including VMware, Kernel-based VM and Oracle VM environments.
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: Shell, Python or Perl.
- Solid grasp of a UNIX-based operating system including paging and swapping, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts.
- Hands-on experience in running NAS and SAN enterprise storage on Brocade, NetApp, EMC data domain, Hitachi Unified Storage platforms.
- Solid grasp of storage concepts including thin provisioning and other storage efficiency techniques.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, load balancing concepts and security.
- Knowledge of IPv6, DNS (servers and protocol), DNSSEC, and BGP Anycast a plus.
- Hands-on experience in setting up DNS, DHCP, secure FTP and other network related services.
- Proficient with automation & configuration management and DevOps tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Golang, YAML, Jinja, Splunk, OpenConfig, and gRPC to create automated solutions to solve complex administrative problems is a plus.
- Looking for a highly skilled individual with very broad and deep expertise in the areas of Computing Services, specifically for the Linux infrastructure.
- The individual will be a senior member of the APAC GCS Engineering team, whereby, the individual will be instrumental in the design, implementation and operational aspects of the Apple APAC enterprise Linux computing services infrastructure.
- Perform new Linux builds, configurations and ensure that they are always up to date based on the globally approved patch levels
- Manage virtualization environment including deployment of VMs and integration with provisioning solutions such as KVM.
- Build and modify Shell scripts and using programming languages such as Perl and Python to perform routine administrative task and system testing/monitoring.
- Provide technical expertise and provide inputs on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency of Linux environment.
- Work with Information Security to ensure that all Linux systems are 100% aligned with the global security standards
- Work with vendors to coordinate/perform breakfix activities for all supported hardware.
- Overseas travel within APAC may be necessary for cases where remote work is either unavailable, or unfeasible.
- Documentation of all new learnings, techniques, and ensuring that all new processes are documented for easy reference.
- Evaluate new Linux versions to ensure minimal impact to applications when the Linux operating systems are updated.
Support APAC GCS Engineering team in the other supported technologies:
- Administrator for SAN & NAS environment, and load-balancers.
- Provide technical oversight and management of regional DNS, DHCP, Secure FTP and NTP services.
- Recommend guidelines/policies for all areas of responsibility.
- Work with vendors on negotiating new services, products or support & maintenance.
- Maintain development and test environments.
- Able to represent Asia-Pacific optimally in any global/regional technical discussions or initiatives.
- Perform standby duties. Standby duty refers to the requirement for the engineer to be available on-call beyond the regular business hours during the period of in which the standby duty is performed.
- Project Management – able to work directly with the business to quickly identify their needs and provide an appropriate solution in-line with global standards.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or closely related field.
- Some travel to other countries is required.
- This is a 24 x 7 on-call position as services are regional in coverage fronting our customers.
Role Number: 200247133