At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you.
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The App Store Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. Our Search platform responds to the billions of Apple devices shipped worldwide to date. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem. We operate in markets and languages that span the globe. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience maintaining and developing a Search engine is required.
- 7-10 years of experience in software development.
- Experience developing high quality, high performance server software in Java.
- Hands on experience across the software engineering stack, including core backend systems, APIs, data pipelines, build/release systems, containers, etc.
- Experience with Apache Solr / Lucene.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, thread-safe data structures, design patterns for high-volume application servers.
- ==PREFERRED SKILLS==
- Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking.
- Experience building real-time data ingestion pipelines using big data / streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Akka etc.
- Familiarity developing and integrating microservices.
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development.
- English language proficiency required. Additional language skills a plus.
This is a senior software engineering role on the App Store team responsible for search. This role will be responsible for developing features and scaling them to power next generation Search products. Experience delivering high availability services for a large scale systems is required. The ability to quickly identify issues and diagnose problems in a highly distributed system deployed globally is critical.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Masters or PhD preferred.