Engineer in Singapore. Innovate at Apple.
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you.
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We operate in hundreds of countries and dozens of languages. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong programming skills in any of these C++/Java/Scala/Python
- Experience with Search, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning experience is preferred
- Experience building big data pipelines with Hadoop, Java, Scala, and Spark
- Passion - Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers
- Have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on more than a billion active Apple devices worldwide.
- Be part of a team with strong expertise in software engineering, information retrieval, language processing, data mining, machine learning, scalable systems, and parallel processing (Hadoop, Scala, Spark).
- Use big data technology like Hadoop, Spark, Scala to evaluate and prioritize content discovery features.
- Conduct AB Tests to ensure we pick the best winning variant.
- Ensure successful deployment of features, code, data, and models in production.
- Work in collaboration with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure the features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels.
- Work on Natural Language Processing (NLP), Tokenization, Stemming, and Lemmatization, mining synonyms , etc.
- Improve Search Recall, Text Indexing and Query Rewrites
- Design & Implement solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery
- Support search over millions of devices globally
- On all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod)
- And dozen’s of languages (from Arabic to Russian and everything in between)
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline, Masters or PhD preferred.
- YOU WILL
- - Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking
- - Experience building search solutions with Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies
- - Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development