The Partner Solutions & Engineering team is looking for a highly qualified Sr. Software Engineer experienced with building large-scale distributed systems. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact on our product.
- 8+ years of professional experience of designing and developing large scale distributed cloud applications using advance Java.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented programming and excellent debugging skills.
- Strong experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with streaming or message queue systems such as Kafka desired.
- Experience in crafting and implementing RESTful API and services.
- Experience with container based workloads and their orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) desired as well as surrounding DevOps/CI/CD tools and processes (Jenkins, Spinnaker and similar).
- Experience with application monitoring and observability tools such as Appdynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus and/or Grafana will be beneficial.
- Experience of working and delivering as a Scrum Team. Prior Scrum Master experience will be an advantage.
- Experience working on complex problems and distributed systems where scalability and performance are extremely important.
- Be an advocate and driver for proven engineering practices
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
This role demands the best and brightest; the ideal candidate will be self- motivated, accountable, technically strong and offers a diverse skillset that aligns with the key qualifications listed above.
You love working in a dynamic fast paced environment, building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of partners, including business partners, application owners, project managers, technology and infrastructure teams to get the work done.
You naturally take a deep interest in working closely with business partners to drive the product feature and technology roadmap beyond the first release.
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.