At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Apple's Enterprise Data Warehouse landscape caters to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are an integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We utilize proprietary and open source technologies, Kafka, Spark, Snowflake, Airflow, Postgres, etc. If you are interested to build innovative data insight applications, both on-premise or in cloud, focusing on ease of use, ease of maintenance and most importantly implement solutions that are scalable, you will have fun in GBI!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. If you enjoy learning new technologies, solving challenges with little mentorship, and are comfortable proposing and implementing solutions, demonstrating Software Engineering standard methodologies, you will find it rewarding to work in GBI!
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to think outside of the box and should have passion for building engineering solutions to enable business in making time sensitive and critical decisions.
- In-depth understanding of fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Demonstrate passion for excellence in Software Engineering processes, including test driven development
- Experience in crafting and implementing scalable data insight solutions demonstrating standard methodologies
- Strong experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Programming experience in building high quality software. Skills with SQL, Java, Python or Scala preferred
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages is a plus
- Experience in Big Data applications using Java, Spark, Hive and Kafka is a huge plus!
- Experience in public cloud is a plus
Deliver and drive highly available, reliable and innovative data and/or AI/ML solutions
Provide technical guidance, direction and problem solving to engineering team members. Drive technical excellence in software development and solution design. Follow and contribute to standard software engineering processes, improve development methodologies over time.
Identify problem areas, suggest and deliver scalable solutions. Solid understanding of analytics needs and proactiveness to build generic solutions to improve overall efficiency.
Lead/work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
Keep up-to-date on the newest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges.
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.