The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience building and scaling fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience developing high quality, high performance server software in Go
- Hands on experience across the software engineering stack, including core backend systems, APIs, data pipelines, and infrastructure
- Experience in the design and delivery of sophisticated production infrastructure systems
- Experience building microservices on Kubernetes, Docker, or other container deployment architecture
- Strong production debugging and performance tuning skills
- Passion. Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers
The Apple Media Products (iTunes) Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. You will have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on Apple devices worldwide! You will support search on all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod) across media products (App Store, iTunes, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts) globally in languages from Arabic to Russian and everything in between. You will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second. You will build search server side features & infrastructure to better support recall, relevance, ranking, real-time indexing, and personalization. Come join a team with strong expertise in software engineering, information retrieval, language processing, data mining, machine learning, scalable systems, and parallel processing (Go, Kafka, Hadoop, Scala, Spark)!
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field
5+ years of proven experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- PREFERRED SKILLS
- - Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking
- - Experience building search solutions using Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies
- - Experience building real-time data ingestion pipelines using big data / streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Akka etc
- - Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development