The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- Support and maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Develop, manage and support SRE tools and applications.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement.
- Analyze logs and telemetry data by writing monitoring and automation code
- Provide OnCall support to 1st level production support teams
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
- Driven approach to continually improving service levels
- Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them
- Proficient coding experience using Python, Java, bash or similar languages
- Strong grasp of Linux systems, networking, and security
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.
Role Number: 200243998