Do you like the idea of working on services that are used by millions of passionate people around the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that are not yet solved? Do you want to change the world? Imagine what you could do here at Apple!
Apple puts users and user experience first, and is a place where new futuristic ideas and innovations have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and the present very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there is no limit on what you could accomplish.
Apple Media Products seeks a creative self starter to join the Video Service Quality SRE team. A forward-thinking site reliability engineer who can support, review and influence key innovations that will deliver the best-in-class video experience for our users.
- You bring in-depth experience in the following areas:
- Passion for quality
- Building, running, monitoring, and supporting large-scale distributed systems.
- Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them.
- Applying DevOps principles to automate recurring tasks and implement continuous delivery of high quality software.
- Coding or scripting in programming languages such as Python, Java, Go, bash.
- Working with with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Working with monitoring, logs analysis and data visualization tools, such as Prometheus/Grafana, Splunk, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Tableau.
- You have an aptitude to independently network, learn, and influence multi-functional teams.
- You bring strong written and communication skills.
- You enjoy the challenge of organizing, planning and delivering against key breakthroughs.
Apple Media Products is looking for a site reliability engineer to provide new and enhanced architecture, software, tools and monitoring to support its fast paced growth. We offer the opportunity to join our exciting team that is dedicated to providing the highest quality video products to our customers. The team is responsible for supporting the software that drives real-time end-to-end video service quality and influences the performance and architecture of delivering video.
We are seek a standout colleague who is able to take on problems under a tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. Responsibilities will include: tools and applications to support distributed data analytics applications and real-time dashboards, driving innovations to deliver highly reliable systems, and finally working with teams across Apple from Customer-care to core platforms to build these capabilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent.
Role Number: 200249980