The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills Hands-on coder, with ability to write clear, concise, coherent code Superb verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience writing components/frameworks/libraries that achieve software leverage via reuse across problem domains.
- Experience with relational databases, JDBC, and object relational frameworks like Hibernate, JPA, iBatis, etc.
- Experience using NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached, Hadoop, etc.
- Great debugging skills TCP/IP Networking experience, with protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSL.
- Ability to self-direct when necessary, all the while supporting strong team dynamics.
- Ability to simultaneously face multiple teams and provide excellent attention to detail.
We will work on features that touch all of Apple Media Products Commerce services, from account management, App, music, and video purchase/download/entitlement, subscription management, and a lot of new features coming to the Apple product ecosystem. We will perform analysis, derive strategies, and write code to ensure that all Apple Media Products' financial transactions maintain key characteristics: ACID integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. We will find opportunities for software reuse across problem domains, design and code components/libraries/frameworks to support that reuse, and refactor code to achieve higher levels of use in the codebase. Using 3rd party and hand-rolled solutions, we will build infrastructure for caching, messaging, and workflow management, that will be used by other teams in the Commerce group.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent.
Role Number: 200243995