Engineer in Singapore. Innovate at Apple.
Our engineers have created some tough acts to follow, and they continue to lead us to innovative breakthroughs. Because they’re driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all find what we love in new ways. The AMP Search team powers search for iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, Books and more on iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, web browsers, 3rd party devices, and Windows.
As a member of the Apple Media Products Search team you will be working on various components of the Search platform - ranking, query understanding, feature engineering, data pipelines, indexing, knowledge graph integration, and platform improvements.
Responsibilities will include design, development and maintenance of search components that serve customers worldwide. You will also be responsible for bringing the latest in search and discovery research to production at scale. If you want to craft new ways for customers to discover content in a rapidly growing catalog on the Apple ecosystem of devices and platforms, this is the place to be.
The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting all of users. We operate globally in languages around the world. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Search and Machine Learning
- Experience building big data pipelines with Hadoop, Java, Scala, and Spark
- Passion. Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers
- Have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on Apple devices worldwide.
- Be part of a team with strong expertise in software engineering, information retrieval, language processing, data mining, machine learning, scalable systems, and offline parallel processing (Hadoop, Scala, Spark).
- Be responsible for improving search recall and ranking.
- Use big data technology to evaluate and prioritize content discovery features.
- Conduct AB Tests to ensure we objectively measure improvements.
- Ensure successful deployment of features, code, data, and models to production.
- Collaborate with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure that features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels.
- Design & Implement solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery
- Support search
- On all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod, and more)
- Across media products (App Store, iTunes, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts)
- Globally in languages from Arabic to Russian and everything in between
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, Masters or PhD preferred.
Role Number: 200258462