Engineer in Singapore. Innovate at Apple.
Our engineers have created some tough acts to follow, and they continue to lead us to innovative breakthroughs. Because they’re driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all find what we love in new ways. The AMP Search team powers search for iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, Books and more on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS.
As a member of the Apple Media Products Search team you will be working on various components of the Search platform - search ranking, search query interpretation, language models, index data modelling and pipelines.
Responsibilities will include design, development and maintenance of core search components that serve customers worldwide. You will also be responsible for bringing the latest in search and discovery ideas to production at a large scale. If you want to craft new ways for customers to discover content in a rapidly growing catalog on the Apple ecosystem of devices and platforms, this is the place to be.
The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting all of users. We operate globally in languages around the world. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Search, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning experience
- Experience building big data pipelines with Hadoop, Java, Scala, and Spark
- Passion. Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers
- Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking
- Experience building search solutions with Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development
- Have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on Apple devices worldwide.
- Be part of a team with strong expertise in software engineering, information retrieval, language processing, data mining, machine learning, scalable systems, and parallel processing (Hadoop, Scala, Spark). Be responsible for improving search recall and precision.
- Use big data technology to evaluate and prioritize content discovery features.
- Conduct AB Tests to ensure we objectively measure improvements.
- Ensure successful deployment of features, code, data, and models in production.
- Work in collaboration with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure the features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels.
- Work on Natural Language Processing (NLP), Tokenization, Stemming, Lemmatization, and Synonym mining Improve Search Recall, Text Indexing and Query Rewrites Design & Implement solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery.
- On all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod)
- Across media products (App Store, iTunes, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts)
- Globally in languages from Arabic to Russian and everything in between
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Role Number: 200265580