The AMP Video team is looking for an experienced engineer with a real passion for delivering first in class home entertainment solutions. You will work with talented engineers in a dynamic, technically demanding environment. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, a skilled communicator, and an excellent problem solver. If you have learned how to develope new skills quickly, you will excel in this role. We value strong technical skills and the ability to successfully multi-task. Be a part of an impactful, innovative team making a difference.
The Videos group develops leading video contents apps on the iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms including but not limited to the TV.app, iTunes Movies, and iTunes TV Shows. Our group also integrates at the OS level to support videos related features in Siri, Spotlight, and Sign Sign-On services. The group is looking for a talented software engineer to help design and develop new features on our platforms.
- You’ve built projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit/Appkit, and the iOS, macOS or tvOS SDKs
- You’ve deep understanding of object oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization
- You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
- You’re comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code. If you haven’t used GCD, you can learn it here. If you have, we’d like to hear from you.
- You enjoy paying attention to details almost as much as the big technical wins
- You've proven record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of video content. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of a strategic project that shapes existing and upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Ideal candidates are well-versed in development best practices, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience