Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
Asia Pacific Information Systems & Technology organization builds systems for the most dynamic and versatile business teams at Apple. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and are constantly opening up the boundaries. Our engineers have created some tough acts to follow, and they continue to lead us to innovative breakthroughs. Because they’re driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join the Apple Online Store Quality Engineering (QE) team as a Software Quality Engineer.
This position requires a self-motivated individual who can collaborate in a fast-paced environment and able to work well and stay cool under pressure and stress. As a part of QE team, you will be tasked with continuous quality analysis and you will be responsible for identifying automation opportunities, defining the test approach, and finally implementing a robust solution that has a sound architecture to ensure that deliverables are of the highest standard.
- More than 6 years of proven experience in Software Development and Quality in Java with focus in e-commerce/web applications testing.
- Experienced in developing test strategies, test frameworks and tools coupled with experience developing frameworks from scratch using industry best practices
- An specialist in writing test automation frameworks for REST services
- Proficient in Web Automation tools such as Selenium, Raft, etc
- Solid understanding of Internet Protocols TCP/IP,HTTP and HTTPS Expertise in building and maintaining test beds, test environments and automated data driven test suite
- Prior experience with No SQLs like Couchbase, MongoDB, etc and caching strategies
- Experience using revision control systems (svn, git) Scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc)
- Passion for product quality and uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs. Attention to detail and great in finding edge cases
• You are responsible for writing unit and Integration tests for core components of Apple Online Store Build on existing automated test infrastructure as well as create, maintain, and enhance the automated test framework and environment.
• You will work closely with product design and product management teams to understand requirements and translate them to test plans for functional and regression testing
• Scope, develop, execute test plans and test cases for complex, highly scalable services
• Communicate detailed QE status to cross functional teams and report any critical issues in a timely manner
• Staying knowledgeable on new testing tools and strategies and evaluate the technologies to incorporate into the projects.
• You will work collaboratively with other manual and automation team members to develop effective testing strategies as well as quality metrics for new and existing features.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Role Number: 200291775