The Data Framework provides a central data store for all the Front Office Orders, RFQs, Transactions and Collateral information. It also provides Market Data sourcing, Data distribution, client, instrument and referential data and is driven by an electronic Data Dictionary application named Collibra. It acts as a source of data for different regulatory reportings (MIFID 2 , SFTR , MAR etc).
The Data Framework team is looking for data engineers to join our growing team of analytics experts to evolve the platform to move to a more data centric architecture as part of the global Information Systems data strategy for CA-CIB. The candidate will be responsible to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data exchanges and usage capabilities for all entities.
Qualifications And Profile
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
An ideal Candidate should possess the below skills/expertise.
Around 8 years of software development experience
Expertise working on Java 8/11 especially using multithreading principles and good knowledge of java data structures with strong fundamentals in complexity analysis.
Expertise in redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, typically building solutions for optimal storage, extraction, transformation and distribution of data from variety of data sources using Sql and AWS big data.
Expertise in managing large complex data sets.
- Advanced knowledge working with relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines and data sets.
Building processes for data transformation and virtualizations.
Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing.
Microservices based technology.
Experience with Maven, Git, writing and maintaining unit/integration tests
Experience in leading technical study into a propose solution, while involving expertise from infrastructure big data expert, business analyst requirement
We are looking for someone having at least 4 years of experience in a data centric role with experience in using the following software/tools
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Flink, Kafka etc
- Relational Sql and Nosql databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Athena, EC2, Lambda, Kiness, S3 (atleast few or similar ones if not all).
- Familiarity with Python, ELK, Kotlin, Power BI, Tableau and data virtualization tools like Denedo, Vyne etc would be an added advantage but not manadatory.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and optimizations
- Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
Other Professional Skills And Mind-set
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills across all levels with demonstrated ability to influence different stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in software development life cycle
- Autonomy to include implicit deliverables in assignment based on best practices
- Appetite to participate to technical market trends and communities
Besides having greater development experience, as a senior developer the candidate is expected to lead discussions with architectural teams, contribute to code reviews, provide support to SIT/UAT, investigate and resolve complex techinal issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
Front Office, platform, AWS, Information Systems, Information Technology, Risk Mgmt, SQL, Capital Markets, Control, Regulatory Reporting