The position is within the Capital Markets IT (CMI) division which manages information systems for capital markets activities which includes Front Office (FO) booking platforms, Risk Management (RM) control and regulatory reporting systems, financial product and contract valuation systems, and much more.
CMI teams are mainly located in Paris, London, New-York, Hong-Kong, India and Singapore. Current position is based out of Singapore and successful candidate will be able to work in an international context with distributed engineering teams striving for highest quality architecture and design.
Manage global Development of application. Ensure that the business applications’ production and non-production environments are available and usable.
Must have proven functional and technical experience in Development and debugging of application – must be able to understand the functionalities and enterprise-wide data flows of capital markets banking systems. Should be able to understand the nuances and criticality of business processes. Well versed in L3 support operations, Incident, Problem and Change management.
Application Development and L3 support
- Design and development of application as per specification.
- Writing code and queries.
- Writing SQL procedures.
- Unit testing.
- Prepare high level and low-level design document.
- Code review and peer review.
- UpStream/Downstream job configuration changes.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Creating package of deliverables
- QA, UAT and PREPROD environment refresh.
- L3 support of application.
- Problem analysis and resolution of application.
- Development/Configuration changes of upstream/ downstream jobs.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications And Profile
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
An ideal Candidate should have
- 8+ years’ experience in Application Development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Middle ware Dev - Java 1.7, J2EE, Spring Core, Web, JDBC and security.
- UI Dev - Java script, Jquery, data table
- Database Dev - Sybase ASE
- Application Server – Jboss
- Configuration server – GIT, SVN
- Developer IDE - Eclipse
- Build Tools – Maven
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins
- Code Analyzer – Sonar Cube
- SQL Server – Sybase ASE Database
- Capital Markets domain knowledge.
- Forex Instrument i.e. spot, forward and NDF.
- Paper and Derivatives
- Able to interact with technical colleagues
- Proficient in software development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience of agile methodologies
- Excellent presentation skills including oral and written communication skills
- Autonomy to include implicit deliverables in assignment based on best practices
- Appetite to participate to technical market trends and communities
- Enthusiastic, motivated team player
Besides having greater development experience, as a senior developer the candidate is expected to lead discussions with architectural teams, contribute to code reviews, provide support to SIT/UAT, investigate and resolve complex technical issues.
Desired Skills and Experience