Autodesk's Platform and Component Services team is looking for a passionate backend software engineer to join our team in Singapore. Our organizational ecosystem comprises Autodesk cloud services. The platform unlocks the functionality in Autodesk products that have been serving industries such as architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, and others. It is an opportunity to work on applications that directly impact the millions of users of Autodesk products.
As a team member, your first role will be to contribute to the development of cloud platform APIs, which are the building blocks for next-generation design apps. You will be part of an agile product team of bright and highly motivated engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services. You will work in a global organization and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, engineering, operations, support, etc.
- An active member of a highly skilled and motivated agile development team
- Involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, performant, and high throughput service for our customers by leveraging cloud technology
- Collaborate with software architects, product designers, product managers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to iteratively transform high-level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to consumers incrementally and continually
- Contribute to software design and architecture by leveraging cloud design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Contribute to improvements in the processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers. Also, Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the systems in the production environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with cloud services and applications
- Excellent experience with backend programming languages such as Java, NET Core, etc.
- Practical knowledge of building and consuming RESTful web services (microservices architecture)
- Solid understanding of techniques to achieve high performance at cloud-scale
- Solid knowledge of software design and patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to work on complex systems
- Unit testing, end-to-end testing, and test-driven development experience
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Keen eye for details, analytical, adaptable and self-driven
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with data stores such as Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS stack like SQS, S3, SNS, Lambda, etc.
- Acquaintance with Java Spring Boot framework will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and experience working with a deployment pipeline such as Jenkins
- Experience working with a team of 5-10 people and fostering communication to deliver outstanding results
- Experience building high quality, scalable cloud-based services using the latest technologies
- You understand Cloud design patterns, tools, and best practices
- You are a perpetual learner and often find yourself ideating about new and improved ways of doing things and are confident to share your ideas with the rest of the engineering team
- As a team player and effective communicator, you establish collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues
- You enjoy working with distributed team members
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.