Autodesk is looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to join a data team within Data Platform & Services (DPS). You will be working with Autodesk Data Platform Product Analytics (ADPPA), Product Data Capture team. This is a great opportunity to join a team that delivers both internal and customer facing applications and services that provide the data collection needs of all data scientists, data analysts and data engineers throughout the organization.You will have the opportunity to understand the entire data platform from product instrumentation through to business analytics, machine learning, and data-driven products.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be joining a very talented and seasoned engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with many new and exciting technologies and frameworks used in our data platform.
We are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as we are.
You can be part of improving quality of our products across all aspects of our core data platform and see your work drive the business.
- Creatively design and develop tools and frameworks to instrument and ingest product data effectively
- Collaborate with other engineers, providing insights and coming up with innovative solutions
- Apply your knowledge of various technologies and choose the best fit to meet business requirements
- Understand and contribute to making the product data ecosystem better
- Perform End-to-end development including automation testing
- Cross platform development on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Build reusable components and libraries
- Ensure the performance, quality, speed and scalability of the application
- Help our users adopt and integrate our components
- Solid knowledge and experience with functional or object-oriented programming
- Solid Proficiency in desktop application and component development including application, libraries, multi-threading
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, with at least 5 years working on desktop and component development
- Experience with at least one of the testing framework – Gtest, Java TestNG, etc
- Experience with a source control system (preferably Git)
- Humble, collaborative, team player, willing to step up and support your colleagues
- Outstanding communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and can write clear and reader-friendly documentation
- Collaborative and work well as a member of the engineering team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to agreed business goals
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- Experience with Java, C#
- Experience with virtualization software (VMware, VirtualBox, etc.) and AWS cloud services
- Experience with Big Data especially on Product data
- Familiarity with Mobile apps development (Android/iOS), 3D/WebGL, Swift
- Familiarity with front end development: CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap
- Good understanding of data architecture fundamentals
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Experience in Elasticsearch/Kibana/Looker
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.