AXA Group Emerging Technology and Data (GETD) is actively seeking for an experienced Senior Developer to help to build the future of customer experience powered by Conversational Artificial Intelligence (Conversational AI).
AXA GETD is part of AXA Group Operations and its mission is to explore and scale data and emerging technologies to transform radically current business processes and provide enablers for future business models. Working closely in co-creation with all AXA entities across the globe, we ideate, prototype, co-fund and develop technological cutting-edge and data-related products and services, taking them from ideation to development and bringing them to scale. Working closely with Group CIO and Group IT Services, we ensure the industrialization and lifecycle of these products.
Among GETD’s main focus areas, Conversational AI is a key domain in which a growing and multi-disciplinary team is helping drive major changes in self and assisted services to deliver better outcomes, better experiences, and lower costs to the way AXA interact with its customers and employees by means of building and industrializing state-of-the art conversational AI capabilities.
We are looking for a strong candidate with extensive software and infrastructure development experience and ideally machine learning. This role is not a support role. The candidate will be expected to be self-directed and find the most important problems to solve while working in close interaction with a team with a shared goal.
In your role you will:
- Productize cutting-edge research
- Deploy machine learning code in the cloud according to best MLOps practices.
- You actively keep your eye out for new and emerging machine learning solutions that might add value to the product and/or the customer.
- You bring your ideas to the table to make building human-like chat and voice enabled assistants a reality.
- You set up proof-of-concepts and bring those to the product.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and running production services (ML driven development) , especially through a growth phase or period of rapid change.
- Designing clean and flexible abstractions for new problems which are still in the process of being understood.
- A desire to dig into problems across the stack and ML operations.
- Comfort managing and monitoring infrastructure deployments.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on.
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done.
- Have brought software from an early- to mid-stage, such as being an early infrastructure engineer or founder at a start-up, or created a new infrastructure component at a large company.
- Find or create the best tools to accelerate your and others’ workflows, and are very efficient in your editor and shell.
- Enjoy working as part of a fast-moving team, where perfectionism can sometimes be at odds with (but sometimes directly required for) pragmatism.
Your background looks something like this:
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, C# and good working knowledge of Python.
With additional specific experience and skills to the role like:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering. Specialization or PhD in Machine Learning related field is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-native event-based architectures and microservices.
- Experience in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience Cloud Infrastructure builds automation, DevOps/MLOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with conversational AI systems and NLP is a strong plus.