The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligencegrade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have staff across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals. Together, we make the world a safer place. Make everyday matter.
About The Team
A successful candidate for this role will work in Applied Intelligence’s Singapore Hub, with a focus on delivering and support complex systems to our customers.
About The Role
The System Engineer is a member of the Singapore Engineering Team.
This role is best suited to those who are starting their careers having gained a degree or diploma in Computing, Security, or Information Systems or looking for a career move having previously worked in engineering roles. This is an extremely hands-on role, you will be provided with extensive training and support, System Engineers must possess a relentless drive in gaining and maintaining extensive knowledge on BAE Systems’ products as well as 3rd party products, which will allow you to lead the way in building systems using tools whichever is best for the job. The system is extremely complex and physical footprint is easily more than 50 servers per system. You will play a fundamental technical part as every system we build is different in technology and it’s always a valuable learning experience
You Will Be Responsbile For
- Regular interaction with customers with a key focus on ensuring success for our customers
- Proactive handling of complex projects and supporting those projects implemented.
- Working with several different system and domain types
- Create high-quality technical documentation
- Contributing to business development including scoping and quoting candidate systems for new themselves
- Assessing work sequences and assessments on how to complete system deliveries
- Finding new and better solutions, challenge existing solutions in a professional and constructive manner
- Share experiences between colleagues aiming on perfecting best practices
- Working with software engineers to deploy/modify code and software packages regularly
- Tuning, troubleshooting and scaling Big Data technologies – must have curiosity and interest with the internal workings of a complex system.
- Support out of hours work if scheduling requires
- Analytical mind and keen sense of software logic
- Must be able to communicate effectively development team and customers.
- Must have proven motivation in learning new skill and technology outside minimum requirements.
- Understanding of TCP/IP
- Understanding in Linux and shell scripting
- Understanding of Big Data framework
- Ability to work in high pressure environment and handle multiple priorities.
Note: This role will require Singapore Government G-50 security clearance