The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligencegrade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have staff across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals. Together, we make the world a safer place. Make everyday matter.
Everything we do creates a safer future. We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The role of the Netreveal Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, administer, support and extend applications. NetReveal Technical Consultants take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, refreshes, implementations and upgrades, and provide leadership and mentoring to junior resources. NetReveal Technical Consultants participate in client workshops and calls and have a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring and deploying the Netreveal product.
The specific responsibilities that relate to this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledge of the functionality of one or more core NetReveal modules (such as ETL, Builder, Workbench, Visualizer, Live, Scenario Manager, WLM, Services Manager and Application Builder)
- Participate in the technical workshops during the analysis and design stages of project
- Support technical delivery of aspects of the solution
- Create the project environments mirroring the hardware and software stack to be used on client site
- Configure technical aspects of the Netreveal product e.g. Scenario Manager, WLM, Workbench, to meet client requirement
- Assist with trouble-shooting environmental & technical issues that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software
- Assist with deploying application releases onto the project environment and on client site when required
- Assist in improvements to our software, processes or supporting documentation
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills towards clients and internal project team
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to take the initiative on issues
- Effective and Efficient decision making ability – prioritizing, time management, etc
What Are We Looking For
- Typically 10-12 years’ experience or equivalent in a technical role such as programming, technical/IT support, software installation.
- Grows technical knowledge of new aspects of the NetReveal product, asking for guidance where appropriate and rapidly picking up new skills.
- Technical trouble shooting skills
- Previous experience of installing software, creating test environments
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server or
- Some knowledge of performance tuning at a database level
- Some knowledge of application servers such as Websphere, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Good knowledge of operating systems such as Unix Solaris, AIX, Linux, HPUX
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures/and/or Data Server