The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligencegrade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have staff across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals. Together, we make the world a safer place. Make everyday matter.
About the team:
A successful candidate for this role will work in Applied Intelligence’s Singapore Hub as part of a development team developing large scale enterprise level software. You will have the opportunity to work with both Singaporean and UK based SMEs who will guide you on your professional and career journey.
What you will be doing:
- Analysing requirements to produce relevant software designs
- Implementation of software code with suitable unit tests
- Producing supporting artefacts such as deployment documentation for on-site engineers
- Working with business analysts to understand customer feedback and help design improvements for future software iterations
- At times you may be asked to visit customers on site to support triage and resolution of defects
- Support internal and external testing teams as they work on validating the overall system
This role is an excellent opportunity for a developer who not only wants to develop code but also see first-hand how our software brings transformational changes for our clients.
- Experience in a development role
- Strong programming abilities. Ideally in Python but we will consider candidates with experience in other high level languages
- Experience with common development tools such as Git, Maven, Docker
- Understanding of the Linux OS ideally with experience in bash scripting
- A team player who can work with a team of developers to achieve results
- Strong communication skills such that you are able to engage with our customers directly
- An understanding or keen interest in Hadoop, ElasticSearch and Kafka
This role requires G50 Clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.