A successful candidate for this role will work in Applied Intelligence’s Singapore Hub as part of a development team developing largescale enterprise level software with a focus on big data platforms and analytics.
This role is best suited to those who are starting their careers having gained a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Mathematics. You will have the opportunity to work with both Singaporean and UK based SMEs who will guide you on your professional and career journey.
The Software Developer will work towards taking on the following responsibilities:
- Analysing requirements to produce relevant software designs
- Implementation of software code with suitable unit tests
- Being involved in the tuning, debugging and development of Analytics and analytics platforms
- Being tasked to research and evaluate specific technologies in machine learning
- Producing supporting artefacts such as deployment documentation for on-site engineers
- Working with business analysts to understand customer feedback and help design improvements for future software iterations
- At times you may be asked to visit customers on site to support triage and resolution of defects
- Support internal and external testing teams as they work on validating the overall system
- This role is an excellent opportunity for a developer who not only wants to develop code and analytics but also see first-hand how our software brings transformational changes for our clients.
- Completes Software tasks as directed by the Software Development Team Leader
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs, and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system with limited supervision from more senior engineers
- Provides accurate estimates of development effort needed to design, code and test software from given specifications
- Logically analyses code defects and produces timely code fixes
- Internship experience in development role.
- Good programming abilities, ideally in Python or similar
- Some understanding in common development tools such as Git, Maven, Docker
- Some understanding of the Linux OS ideally with experience in bash scripting
- Some understanding and a keen interest in Big Data framework, analytics and machine learning.
- An understanding or keen interest in Hadoop, ElasticSearch and Kafka
- A team player who can work with a team of developers to achieve results
- Good communication skills such that you are able to engage with our customers directly
Note: This role will require Singapore Government G-50 security clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.