A successful candidate for this role will work in Applied Intelligence’s Singapore Hub, with a focus on delivering and support complex systems to our customers.
The Role - Technical Test Engineer
Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technology and the desire to exceed customer expectations on quality in projects delivering solutions that are central to our customer’s missions? Join BAE Systems as a Technical Test Lead. We are looking for an individual with strong focus on system and acceptance testing across a range of technologies and applications. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
- Creation, maintenance, and review of test related artefacts
- Client Facing - Execution of System Acceptance tests
- Works with Solution consultants on a daily basis to guide and assure their testing
- Creation of customer facing test artefacts for Acceptance Purposes
- Produces or validates the schedule and effort estimate for each performed task
- Troubleshooting issues discovered in test cases and providing initial assessment of the issue
- Ensures high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently deliver quality test artefacts and reports on time and within estimate.
- Defect Management .
- Stakeholder communication and liaison – Working with Developers, Testers, Delivery Managers and clients to deliver projects of considerable scale and complexity.
- Identification of improvements in process and implementation of agreed items
- Line management and/or career mentor for junior testers
- Ability to test large scale systems and systems of systems
- Experience of leading customer facing (acceptance) activities
- Functional Testing
- Excellent understanding of test methodologies.
- Effective communications skills (upwards, downwards and external).
- Experience of various troubleshooting techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience of test and defect management tools, e.g. Atlassian JIRA
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Functional Testing.
- Experienced in working with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in working with databases, e.g. MYSQL, Elasticsearch DB
- Familiar with basic networking principles
- Experience on working in cyber security and/or government domains.
- Programming/scripting skills, e.g. Python
- Hold a professional qualification in testing, e.g. ISTQB Foundation tests qualification.
Diversity And Inclusion
As a company committed to inclusion, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and on a full or part-time basis. Diverse perspectives and innovative thinking are fundamental to our continued success. As an international organisation we strongly support flexible working conditions to accommodate for working in different time zones, cultures, patterns and client facing environments. We encourage all our staff to think about how they and their teams can work flexibly to get the best balance and results for our organisation and every individual.
Division Overview: Software Engineering
Software Engineering exists to satisfy the Applied Intelligence strategy to grow in the international large-scale security market by leveraging government relationships and differentiated propositions. Our mission is to support those who defend nations, organisations and citizens from physical and cyber threats. As well as our traditional deep expertise in communications intelligence for governments and telecommunications companies, we help our customers collect, store, analyse, and extract intelligence from open source information and to fuse multiple data sources into insightful intelligence.
We also help our clients monitor cyber activity to identify new threats and threat actors within the cyber domain, locally and nationally, and build secure communications infrastructure. We are the home for advanced electronic capability within Applied Intelligence and solve our client’s requirements with a mix of advanced software and hardware solutions combined with associated services offerings.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.